Sunday, February 23, 2014
Kuliouou Ridge Trail
Hiking should be a sport??? Well technically it's more of hobbies and survival kind of thing. Last summer 2013 I was dedicated to go to different hiking trails over the break which I was excited about and it was part of bucket list. I don't know why but for some reason I just like to get off the from the city life were I like to enjoy and see the nature at times. So it's a typical Saturday morning for me. Got up around 6:30am and plan to go hiking with my cousin. The first hiking trail that we accomplished on summer break of 2013 is called Kuliouou Ridge Trail, which is technically located in Hawaii, Oahu. The trail is much located in Kalaau Pl Honolulu, HI 96821, it's a residential place. Usually the residence know where the trail is located at. If you ever hike this trail just ask one of the residents, because for some reason we almost didn't know where it was. Good thing one of the resident saw us and told us where it is located at. Once you get there park on the sides of the street. The trail should be in front of you and there should be a sign called Kuliouou Ridge Trail. Then when your ready you can start hiking!!! Don't forget to bring water and put some sunblock to protect you from the sun. This hike more likely work out your calves and quadriceps, which you are more likely get when you hike. It took us about 3hrs in total to hike this trail including breaks in between and picture taking of course. The trail includes about long steep trails, and steps in between. And as you reach the destination you should see a panorama view of the sides of Oahu, you will see the oceans, and some mountain ridges and of course some clouds on top of your head. So if you like to go hiking check this place out. It's good hiking trail if you need get your heart rate up and a good leg work out... Good luck:)
Labels:
Hiking Trails
Location:
Kalaau Place, Honolulu, HI 96821, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kuliouou Ridge Trail is looks beautiful. I'm interested in hiking but I didn't know this place. So, if I have a time, I will hiking there!! That place one of the good hiking place
ReplyDeleteI hate hiking but I love the views! I'm going to cheat and just check your blog instead! lol
ReplyDeleteOmg I want to try this trail! Everyone I know has gone on this trail...it's all over instagram. Is this the same one with the catwalk graffiti? Hiking is so breathtaking! I love it!
ReplyDelete