For this blog I want to share an amazing experienced that I had happen to me last year 2013 December. For me this is most extreme yet and wonderful time of my life. It's an unforgettable memory I'll say. I finally decided to hike the haiku stairs aka stairway to heaven. This happen last December during winter break. It was more likely an unplanned day for me. I did not know that I will be hiking the the stairway to heaven until my group of friends invited me to hike this trial. At first I was like umm I'm not sure if I'm ready for this trial yet. Because you know things can happen you never know right. It took me at least a night until I decided to say yes that I'm down to go hike the trail. After that I felt kind of scared and anxiety are starting to build up, since I heard a lot of stories about the trail. How'd it's like in the ridge of the mountain. That if you slip off you may RIP. So I was kind of scared but I finally told myself I can do this. YOLO right lol. But anyway my groups friends and I went to the place around 2am in the morning and all of us were pretty much excited but nervous at the same time. Some of us were first timer and then the rest are old timers so we did have someone who would guide us, which great especially this hiking trail. As we start hiking everyone head light was on, gloves where on and a jacket is one. Ready or not we started hiking. It was really dark and the only light you have is your headlight and everyone else shadows. Nonetheless, we hike the trail. It was very steep and the metal steps were sort of scary and wiggly. So what I did I hold on as much I can just incase. At first you would not see the view of the mountain cause it was dark but the lights at night was just amazing. As friends we just continue stepping on these metal steps. I think every 1000 steps or so there's a platform that you can rest until you continue again. I remember once were hiking the wind starts to get cold and very misty. And your hand starts to get wet due to mist which it's a little harder on the trail. As many steps went by we finally made it to the top. And we saw so many people resting on a block cement that can be used as a shade. Because once your up there it's freezing cold and very wet. Everyone seem to just wait until the sunrise and rest a little bit. Some of us brought some snacks to eat and of course a lot water. Also other people are taking naps while waiting. I think we got there around 530am and we waited until 7am for the sunrise. Of course selfies must happen right and group pictures also. The view from the top was just suprisingly beatiful. The clouds are just above your head that you can almost touch them. The temperature was very cold but it was worth it to hike. As for me I think this is best hike I ever done in my life. One of the best. And for sure will do this again maybe in the future. Unforgettable hike.




I heard this place and also I watched video in facebook one day. When I watched video, that was ridiculous and I hope to try climbing there but I feel like fears and afraid.
ReplyDelete