Monday, March 10, 2014

1,048 steps!!!!

Koko Head? You heard that right! This hiking trail seem to very infamous for everyone who enjoys hiking and not only that it's also for people who are looking for another alternative workout. This trail is located at Koko Head Park Rd Honolulu, HI 96825. It's more likely a district park that is open to the public and a good thing about this place is that there is a lot parking stalls, which great. The trail is made of metal/wooden steps that is place underneath the mountain were it partly safe for hikers. It's also consumes about 1,048 steps which it can be tiring, especially in your knee. Also the trail has it little challenged of stepping over a bridge that highly no ground in the bottom, where you will only have steps to hold you. It kind of fascinating in a way and the thrilled that you look for in hiking. In my personal experienced this trail can be tough in the first time because you particularly don't know what to expect or how you feel after. As I was hiking this trail I literally felt about to past out. I had stopped for couple minutes and rest a little bit. I don't know why it maybe because I was dehydrated. But I did pull through all the way to the top and reached the destination. The view was just so delightful, you could see hanama bay on one side. I believed I hike this trail about 3 times now and to be honest this trail gives you the best cardio and it's way to boost your heart rate. I usually tell people to hike this trail if you want to challenged yourself because this is something that you should do. Overall, this a definitely a go to hiking spot, especially if you like hiking!! Good luck and Have fun..


2 comments:

  1. Yay for Sandy! I have yet to hike Koko Head, Iʻve heard the good, the bad and the ugly about this hike. It looks like so much fun, but it sounds like it is definitely not a beginners trail lol. From the looks of it you donʻt seem too tired in the "after" photo so that gives me hope that Iʻll be able to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good job!!! I did not try to hike Koko head. Those are nice picture. Maybe I will hike that on my spring break. It looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete